Are you looking to upgrade your software?
Upgrading your software can help you get the latest features, improved security, and better performance. In this guide, we will walk you through the process of upgrading your software, step by step.
- First you need to install the latest build of your current version. This ensures compatibility with the new version. You can find it in the download area. Just select the software you are looking for and, in the version selection, your current version.
- Check if you have a valid Value Pack. Customers with a valid Value Pack get their upgrade free of charge. Please go to the Licenses tab at Account & Licenses (Menu > Account & Licenses), click on the license you want to check and scroll down to the Value Pack expiry date. If you do not have a valid Value Pack, please contact our Customer Service team.
- If your Value Pack is valid, you can now upgrade your license. To do this, please drop a short message to our Customer Service team, including your license number.
- While waiting for upgrade, you should create a backup of your settings and, optionally, your print jobs. Check out this video to learn how to create a backup.
- Download the new software version in the download area. Please use the filters for your respective software and the version you want to upgrade to.
The next steps depend on whether you have a software license or a hardware license (a USB dongle).
- A notification is send to you as soon as your license has been updated.
- Revoke your license in the windows menu (Programs > ProductionserverXX > ProductionserverXX - Revoke license) or just uninstall the previous version (remember: first do a backup)
- Install the new version. Please remember to choose Software License when it comes to license type selection
- To active your new version, you need your activation code. You find it at Account & Licenses in the license tab.
- And last but not least: Restore your backup (check this video to learn how).
HARDWARE LICENSE (USB DONGLE)
- As soon as your license has been upgraded you will receive an email.
- Install the new software version and follow the instructions
- Coming to the tab License type selection, please choose USB dongle.
- To update your USB dongle with the new license, you need to start KeyUpdate.exe. You find this at C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\ColorGATESoftware\ProductionserverXX. In the KeyUpdate window click on Download License File and, as soon as you see the license information on the right, click on Update Attached Dongle. Your dongle is now connected with your new license file and you can start your software.
- Please note: if your your computer has no connection to the internet, please download the new keyfile in the licenses tab at Account & Licenses on another computer which is connected to the internet.
- And last but not least: Restore your backup (check this video to learn how)