Hannover, Germany // ColorGATE, a leading vendor of powerful software and hardware products for color critical digital printing, has announced a range of products that enable new and creative applications with OKI’s Pro9000 series, Pro1040 and Pro1050 LED printers. ColorGATE offers specific functions for commercial printing, print & cut applications, the on-demand production of labels and various ways of creating digital textile transfers.
The new OKI printer range can print white or clear toner, on substrates that go beyond the usual range of digitally printed products. Supporting embellishment and specialist print applications, the Pro9000 Series delivers vibrant, high-quality color printing on a wide range of media. The toner-based printers can handle media weights of up to 360 gsm, in sizes from A6 to SRA3 (and banners up to 1.3m long), on substrate types which include paper, card, kraft, film, gloss, synthetic, polyester substrates, and magnetic.
To this flexible and powerful hardware concept, ColorGATE adds the RIP and color management workflow that unleashes the full potential of professional, creative and profitable applications, with a focus on automation, workflow integration and advanced color management. Six different configurations of ColorGATE’s modular Productionserver have been tailored to particular applications. All of them enable color-accurate printing including validation prints, efficient data handling with hot folders and containers, and nesting and tiling. ColorGATE’s driver technology for the OKI systems also contains a newly developed raster technology that optimizes the print quality throughout all tonal values.
- The ColorGATE Productionserver for OKI Pro 4C supports the OKI Pro9431dn. It is the most affordable way to add advanced efficiency to the OKI printer and contains several automation and color features such as spot color libraries, hot folder support, linearization and ColorGATE’s Media Device Synchronization that “resets” the print system to a defined color state.
- The ColorGATE Productionserver for OKI Pro 5C does the same for the OKI Pro9541dn and the Pro9542dn. In addition, it contains ColorGATE’s Profiler module so OKI users can create their own ICC profiles for highly accurate color under all circumstances.
- The ColorGATE Productionserver for OKI Hybrid Printing supports the OKI Pro9541dn and the Pro9542dn. It also includes support for an additional LFP device (any “Category 1” printer supported by ColorGATE) and that way enables hybrid production: while brochures, flyers and labels are produced swiftly and efficiently on the OKI, color-matched banners and posters can be printed on the LFP device.
- The ColorGATE Productionserver for OKI Print then Cut drives the OKI Pro9541dn and the Pro9542dn as well but also contains support for various cutting devices. This edition aims at producers of mock-ups or small print runs of packaging items such as folding cartons or labels. It can generate cutting and positioning marks, as well as barcodes as part of the print. It can also add a layer of white under the marks and that way supports printing on colored, reflective, and transparent substrates.
- The ColorGATE Productionserver for OKI Label Printing takes label printing one level further: while it contains the same integration of cutting devices as the Print then Cut configuration, it supports the roll printing functionality of the OKI Pro1040 and Pro1050. The software offers flexible ways of printing labels on rolls, as well as on specially pre-cut label materials, a container feature to merge different designs in one job, and the seamless arrangement of labels minimize waste and enable digital label production on demand.
- The ColorGATE Productionserver OKI Digital Smart Screen Transfer enables the production of textile transfers with the OKI Pro9541WT on suitable carrier substrates. The white layer required in textile transfers can be printed either digitally, i. e. using white toner from the OKI printer, or in screen printing. The latter option is enabled by the support of Exostencil transfer media to produce screen printing stencils. This solution can also be used for creating a full set of screens (containing all colors of a print job) if an additional Computer-to-Screen module is added to the configuration.
The new ColorGATE Editions are distributed by a channel of especially certified resellers and distributors. In Germany, Austria, and Switzerland, RGF GmbH (www.rgf.de) has been authorized to sell and support the solution as distributor. Outside the German-language countries, ColorGATE is still adding distributors for the OKI solutions to its network and welcomes requests from interested sales partners.
The Productionserver configurations for OKI are available immediately, except ColorGATE Productionserver for OKI Label Printing which will follow later in Q1 2021.
Rob Brown of OKI Europe Light Production Printing division, said of the partnership: “Having support for OKI products in the ColorGATE suite of software provides a huge benefit for clients wishing to maximize their investment in the most versatile digital short run production printer on the market.”
For more than 20 years, ColorGATEs software, color and service competence has been driving the digitalization of the printing industry. The company offers a broad range of proofing and color management solutions for graphic arts and large format printing, but it is also growing strongly in the growing industrial printing market. ColorGATE offers digital expertise and solutions for printing system manufacturers, as well as print service providers and technology users in décor, ceramics, textile and packaging printing.
ColorGATE delivers an innovative, tailor-made, and modular portfolio of software and hardware solutions for industrial printing and decoration applications along the entire process chain. ColorGATE puts a special focus on accurate and consistent color reproduction, combined with highest performance.
ColorGATE Digital Output Solutions GmbH is managed by co-founder Thomas Kirschner as CEO since 1997 and is an independent subsidiary of Ricoh Company Ltd. since 2018.
Media contact: Oliver Luedtke, Chief Marketing Officer, oliver.luedtke@. colorgate.com