The market segment packaging printing deals with printing of different packaging materials using e.g. plate setters and packaging printer to design finish but also to protect the packaging material.
- Mock-up production, prototyping
- Proofs of packaging
- Packaging printing in small runs, partly with special colors (varnish, white, metallic)
Customers in packaging printing area also make high demands on print quality, and expect a consistent color as well as impressive results. A particular challenge is the frequent use of special, effect and spot colors (varnish, white, and metallic). Further challenges are short product life cycles, continuously new materials, time and cost pressure as well as a high degree of individualization of packaging materials and forms, requiring digital printing workflows that are tailored exactly to the specific requirements.
Workflows Packaging Printing
- Filmgate 7: Worldwide leading RIP software for chemical-free film production
- Proofgate 7: RIP software for digital proofing in compliance with international color standards
- Adobe PDF Print Engine 2.6: Renderer for smooth end-to-end, highly automated PDF workflow for digital, offset and packaging printing
- Color Atlas Module for optimization of special and spot colors
- Profiler Suite for simple production of linearization and color profiles
- Screen Print Proof Module for production of screen proofs for mock-up production
- Print and Cut Module for synchronization of cutting and printing systems
Productionserver 7 (PS7) family: Universal production RIP software for all applications