Print and Cut Module PCM
The Print and Cut Module brings together the processes of printing and cutting by synchronizing printers and cutting systems/ plotters. Application of PCM enables efficient contour cuttings and precise finishing - starting from simple POP displays to complex industrial applications. For this reason, PCM is the ideal solution for cutting, routing and finishing materials such as wood, plastic, leather and textiles.
Without the technical support of Print and Cut Module preparation of data would be expensive, time consuming and error-prone. Applying PCM, the process is much more effective and efficient.
Important advantages of Print and Cut Module:
- To ensure an easy separation of the cutting paths from print data, a colored (spot color) cutting paths is placed in around the objects
- Automatic setting of synchronization marks for automatic identification and adjustment of positions for final processing
- Optimal synchronization of printer and plotter to provide printed images with a contour cut for cutting
- Readout of the cutting path during the RIP process. Information is stored together with the order
- Generation of a PLT-file from path information that is used for various plotters as "signposts". A PLT-file passes through the ColorGATE CutServer before being available at the plotter
- Using PCM control of the plotters is merging with the various functions of the Productionserver RIP software, such as the container function and the multiple output
- Application of hotfolder and hot container technology ensures seamless integration of PCM into an automated workflow
PCM supports Graphtec, Mimaki, Mutoh, SummaSign, and Roland cutting plotters. To control digital cutting tables manufactured by Aristo, MultiCam, Kongsberg, Zünd (Touch and Cut, Zünd Cut Center) with the Print and Cut Module ColorGATE offers hardware-specific drivers.
Multiple cut path support
It is possible to create several different cutting paths and to assign them to different types of cuts, for example to cut one path in a print job and to perforate the other path in the same print job.
Rotate job data
Rotation of job data and bar codes by 180 degrees in order to simplify cutting with Print and Cut Module, especially of materials that have been rolled after printing (roll to roll). In addition, data can be rotated on cutting tables by 90° increments for further processing.
Cut path extraction settings
Bezier conversion methods (device-specific): Convert to arcs, line segments or preserve beziers. Recursive algorithm for conversion with input function for permissible deviation from curve and number of maximum line segments per curve. Additional alternative conversion method includes separate features for quality control. Numeric report about conversion results.
Container and multiple output
Creation of cut jobs from containers and multiple outputs. Editable order of cut path layer according to the production processes when one job contains multiple cut paths.
[pColorGATE CutServer is a separate application to transmit cut files from Productionserver to a cutting plotter, based on hotfolder technology. ColorGATE CutServer supports:
- Graphtec (USB, TCP/IP)
- SummaSign (Seriell, USB, TCP/IP)
- Mimaki FX Series (Seriell, USB)
- Roland CAMM-1 und CAMM-1Pro (Seriell)
Mutoh cutting devices are supported via Mutoh CutServer. Device related features: Automatable workflow with barcode technology.
Defining the distances between two sections and the length of a cut, it is possible to make perforation cuts for a single cutting path.
Definition of synchronization mark coloring via software slider. Optimizes the scanner readability for various print substrates.