Adobe PDF Print Engine 2.6 (APPE)
As an additional renderer APPE enables a smooth end-to-end, highly automated PDF workflow for digital, offset and packaging printing and provides therefore many advantages in PDF data handling and color management.
With the current product Version 7, ColorGATE is one of the world's first RIP software suppliers to integrate the new Adobe PDF Print Engine 2.6 (APPE 2.6). All the solutions in the new ColorGATE X-Line can already be ordered with the integrated APPE from the authorized retail outlets.
- Productionserver 7 Business X
- Productionserver 7 Pro X
- Productionserver 7 Ultimate X
- Productionserver 7 Campaign Printing X
APPE 2.6 is optionally available for all Version-7 types like PS7 Campaign Printing Flex and PS7 Graphic Arts Flex Productionserver types, with the exception of the Filmgate and Plategate solutions. Users with previous versions can take advantage of the attractively priced upgrade and cross grade options.
With the release 7.10, ColorGATE RIP software for Screen Workflows - Filmgate and CG Inkjet Printbox - now is available with optional Adobe PDF Print Engine 2.6. By this means also customers in prepress business will profit with immediate effect from a smooth end-to-end, highly automated PDF workflow for exact reproduction of even the most complex designs.
Highly automated, native PDF workflow
With the integration of the APPE 2.6 printing platform as an additional renderer, ColorGATE RIP software solutions now offer a smooth end-to-end, highly automated PDF workflow for digital, offset and packaging printing. The advantages:
- Exact reproduction of even the most complex designs and complicated transparency or shadow effects
- High automation thanks to the strict separation of contents (PDF) and process (JDF)
- Standardized production in mixed environments (campaign printing)
- True-to-original color printing thanks to color conversion at the latest time possible in the rendering process
- Workflows with any number of colors; detailed specifications for the conversion of spot colors into process colors
- Very quick and easy "last-minute?? changes in the prepress stage
- More efficient collaboration with designers and customers thanks to reliable screen previews: "What you see is what you print??
- Greater reliability and time savings in processing because multiple conversions (PDF - PostScript - PDF) are avoided