Applying the container function (nesting), it is possible to pool several print jobs in the container into one collective job. Afterwards they can be arranged either optimized for cutting or optimized for material savings. ColorGATE container function clearly exceeds classical nesting functions by offering scores of additional functions that increase effectiveness and handling in daily production.
Container is the perfect tool for all users who intend to automate their production processes in the best possible and who want to optimize material consumption.
Productionserver version 7 offers a broad range of new options that reduces both, the time for the creation of container and media consumption.
Highlights of version 7
- Additional method for media/space optimized arrangement of print jobs
- Creation of multipage container
- Enhanced support of flatbed printers
- Optimized automation of workflows
- Better overview, there are only few separate jobs in the queue
- Enables best possible use of the media format even while using multipage documents
- All pages can be printed by one mouse click
- The first pages of a container can already be printed while the last pages are still finished
- CCM and PCM are completely supported by container function
- Consideration of the printer specific zero point for a better overview/ orientation while arranging a job
- Different enhancements in handling (new layout tools, shortcut operations etc.)
Container can be generated of existing as well as of new jobs. Jobs can be copied, mirrored, rotated and then dissolved. It is possible to set up hot container for automated production workflows. Even container content can be handled.
Auto arrange - Cut optimized
The cut optimized positioning enables straight cuts between print jobs for a simplified cutting of a container.
Auto arrange - Media optimized
The media optimized positioning enables maximum media saving though optimal usage of material length and width.
Free arrangement of jobs optionally via drag and drop or via entering the coordinates.
Job duplication / duplicate approval
Creation and managing of job duplicates
Changes of job properties
Option for placement/output of jobs above/below one another, for instance to integrate logos.
Magnetic guide lines and object edges for a fast and simple arrangement of jobs.
Copy and layout print
Freely definable copy printing
Output of multipage PDF and PostScript files
Container generation in outputting segmented jobs
Function to check the print mode
Free definition of container size; including cut marks and indication of protected margin areas.
Automatic generation of a container from jobs that are imported via a hot folder.
Freely definable scaling
Objects can be scaled as needed.
Completion and automatic printing after the predefinition (e.g. container length; time limit).
Create a Flipside Container
Creation of a container copy with mirrored job positioning for double-sided print jobs (e.g. ceiling danglers). Easy job replacement for the back-side.
Creation of a Container job with multiple sheets. The sheet size is based on the predefined media size less unprintable margins. Ideal for flatbed printers.
Free positioning of guidelines via mouse of input box. Savable as set.